Rejuvenate Your Smile with Our Dental Implants in Renton WA
Your smile deserves the utmost care, no matter what. This means that your age is not a factor in whether your teeth and gums deserve to look and feel the best - they always do! With an advanced treatment like our dental implants in Renton, patients of all ages can have a complete smile makeover while smiling comfortably and confidently. Dental implants replace one or multiple missing teeth, acting as a replacement and maintaining the structure of your smile while improving the aesthetics. The success rate for dental implants is around 98%, making it one of the most successful advanced procedures within dental care.
Why would I need dental implants?
As previously mentioned, dental implants are used to replace one or more missing teeth - including all of them, if necessary. The goal of this advanced treatment is to improve both the aesthetic and function of your mouth. We understand that patients' self-esteem may suffer if they're missing one or multiple teeth, which is why we trust this reliable option. Other options include dentures, partial dentures, and dental bridges - Dr. Shih will go into detail of all the choices available to you and help you decide which is best for your smile.
The different factors that go into choosing if dental implants are the best for you include the location of the missing tooth or teeth, the quality and quantity of your jawbone where the implant will be placed, your dental and oral health, and of course, your preference! The stability and secure feeling of dental implants give patients a peace of mind that their long-term care won't differ from their typical routine.
What are the different types of dental implants?
The two main types of dental implants are endosteal and subperiosteal. Endosteal refers to an implant post that's "in the bone," where the titanium part of the implant that acts as the root of your tooth is surgically placed in your jaw for a stable and reliable tooth. Subperiosteal implants are implants that are placed on top of the jawbone, but under the gum tissue due to the lack of support within the jaw.
As previously mentioned, your overall dental and oral health come into play when deciding what kind of dental implants work best for your smile. If patients have lost one, multiple, or all of their teeth due to decay or gum disease, there are still options for you! We encourage patients to ask Dr. Shih about all the available options. No two smiles are the same, which means no two treatments will be the same. Your smile is unique to you, so your treatment will be, too!
What should I expect if I were to get dental implants?
While the specific details will change for every patient, here is a rundown of the process:
• Consultation: You'll meet with Dr. Shih for a thorough examination, including x-rays and/or 3D imaging, and discuss the options for our Renton dental implants before developing a plan for your surgery.
• Placement: During this appointment, Dr. Shih will place the dental implant titanium post in your jawbone where the tooth is missing. Local anesthesia or IV sedation is used to keep you comfortable during this part of the surgery. Post-implant surgery discomfort may include swelling, bruising, minor bleeding and/or pain, but Dr. Shih will provide you with post-op instructions and information to make sure your recovery goes as smoothly as possible.
• Osseointegration: After the placement surgery is complete, your implant and jawbone will grow together, which is called osseointegration. This forms a strong and long-lasting foundation for your replacement teeth. Since the titanium post acts as a root, your jawbone will grow around it to naturally secure the implant in place, creating stability along with the rest of your teeth. Dr. Shih will provide you with a safe diet during the time your jaw properly heals, as well.
• Abutment Placement: Once the implant bonds with your jawbone, an abutment will be placed on your dental implant above the gumline. The abutment ensures the crown, or implant-supported bridge or denture, stays steady once they're placed.
• Artifical Teeth Placement: After your gums are completely healed, Dr. Shih will make more impressions of your mouth to create the custom crown, bridge, or denture. While they don't decay, these new teeth rely on the same kind of care as your natural ones, including daily brushing, flossing, and routine checkups at Pure Dental Care.
• Check-Ups: Once the entire process of your dental implants is complete, Dr. Shih will give you a timeline of your check-ups to ensure that your smile is healthy and that your overall oral health is reacting well to the procedure.
An advanced dental procedure like dental implants in Renton, WA is time-consuming, but provides countless patients a healthier, happier smile for a lifetime. To learn more about ways to restore and replace missing teeth, call Pure Dental Care at (425) 223-4318 and schedule your first consultation with Dr. Shih to get your new smile journey started.